instagram

January 2, 2016

Brainpickings and wanderings to begin the new year

Some of you may have caught that I love, love Brainpickings. Over at brainpickings.org. I have posted nuggets from her site, for example, here and here. I donate a little each month. in my teeny effort to support such a great place to visit each week.

Here is her post of 20 of the best articles from this year (and last year's, if you click the bottom). Have a bit of time? Savor articles like:

 Love, Lunacy, and a Life Fully Lived: Oliver Sacks, the Science of Seeing, and the Art of Being Seen





Meanwhile, over the past couple of days, I've seen  movies I have greatly enjoyed:  The Big Short and The Intern. Highly recommend both. AND, treated myself to Inside Out from OnDemand, because it seems to be on a lot of Best lists. Am I glad I did that! Wow! I LOVE that movie! The creativity, expression, concept, art, humor, and big idea - can't get enough of it. Must have it for myself to enjoy over and over.  Sorry I missed it when it came around. I was in a hole somewhere, I guess. Or maybe I was having schnozzlepopps in Bavaria. I could be excused then, don't you think?

quick pen sketches; a few  likenesses, a few not


I found a new place for coffee and general musing. The chocolate croissant with chocolate drizzle was pretty darn good, too. It's on the other side of the lake, so not handy, but I'll return next time I go to the Crest, an old, nonplex theatre that shows 2nd runs at a neat price, for those of us who missed them the first time around. Love theaters like that. No six previews with their  LOUD, ear-splitting action scenes and blasting music. You know...those. Sign of age, I guess.






Finally, Daily Amazing on the web site: Aug(de)Mented Reality. More amazing creativity. 




Share:

No comments

© DIANE MOLINE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig