instagram

August 13, 2013

Clipped from My Sunday Stash

"When I read a physical book, I remember the text and the book - its shape, jacket, heft and typography." Verlyn Klinkenborg wrote that in the Sunday Times in "Books to Have and to Hold."

...I also liked "Reading is inherently ephemeral, but it feels less so when you're making your way through a physical book, which persists when you've finished it." The writer states she's read nearly 800 books on her iPad, which is nearly 795 more than my ebook experiences, but says she feels differently about the physical books on her shelf. Room for both, I think



One of the physical books I'm reading right now is this translated Swedish mystery, The Absent One.. The author, Jussi Adler-Olsen, also wrote one of my favorite books of last year, The Keepr of Lost Causes. 

Share:

No comments

© DIANE MOLINE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig