instagram

August 23, 2015

This is my friend, Claire....

...who creates the most lovely watercolor travel journals, photo books, and artistically-rendered class notes.


They are for the most part, in style, the exact opposite of my own. So I love to travel with her via these delicate watercolor images, surrounded by serene white space and lettered masterfully. I asked her to share a few pages from her recent travel to Paris which she graciously has done.


Claire Russell

Claire Russell

Claire Russell

Claire Russell
Handcrafted front to back, Claire Russell


We have a mutual love of travel and other sketchbooks and journals and probably would win prizes for our collections of them. Both of us find obscure titles and proudly share them with each other, as well as the other new artful goodies we have found. At our last lunch, she showed me this accordion photo book she created. Her work is immaculate - another trait I admire but pretty much lack in my own style.


Her name is Claire Russell. You won't find her on a blog or web site, because she doesn't have one! I am working on that...trying to convince her to do it!  But you can find some other work she has done on Molly Hashimoto's site here.
Share:

2 comments

Claudia said...

thanks for sharing, Di!

Molly Hashimoto said...

Ah, beautiful! I was lucky enough to page through Claire's Paris sketchbook last week!

© DIANE MOLINE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig