instagram

February 16, 2010

Not your plain old envelope




When I was last in Paris a couple of years ago I came upon a postal museum I just loved and enjoyed so much. A digital wall of postal history with plenty of cool graphics, videos, no matter that it was in French, it was so visual I got it all. Room after room of postage pizzaz. Mail art abounded. And in the bookstore, was a book I wanted - but it was near the end of the trip, I'd already spent too much, and it was heavy and I was already worried about the $50.00 limit, so I passed. It was an entire book on mail art and envelopes that had been collected over the years. Zowie, it was fun. I wrote down the publisher and authors and today, when going through my Europe memories (a diversionary tactic to keep me from doing what I should be) I found those notes. I searched for them on the web and voila! they have a whole site with samples of mail art all over the place - pages and pages. I translated the site, but really wouldn't have had to. Couldn't find the book, but that's okay. I'm glad I know about the site. Check it out if you love mail art!  Pierre and Stephane Proust
http://artpostal.com/
P.S. If you're traveling to Paris soon, it's the Musée de La Poste in the 15th arrondisement, 34 boulevard de Vaugirard. It's really cool!
Share:

No comments

© DIANE MOLINE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig