instagram

September 3, 2013

Planning My Journals

As I prepare for a trip to Europe coming up soon, I am busy thinking about the journals I will make and take. Lots of decisions to make. I will probably vary what I do for each of the regions I visit, but everything will be in loose pages or signatures. I do not do full books well and i hate carrying them around.

For Italy, I will work "backwards" a little. For sketching and painting, I usually take a photo or use a book and make my drawing from that. I think this time I will first make a sketch or painting from a photo in my travel books. Since on previous travels I've been to several of the hill towns we will be visiting, I want to give myself a little scavenger hunt project. I'll look for the places or items I've drawn, and take a photo as my "evidence." I look forward to the hunt. I think some of my traveling partners will help me look.

work in progress....





I'll make a few loose pages for each, leaving lots of room for doodads and ephemera and teeny little sketches. I like pasting in quotes and tips from travelers. After returning, I'll add the doodads, transfer images, stamp, and have a merry old time. This is a good way that I extend the trip on both ends.

Oh, I will have fun.


Share:

No comments

© DIANE MOLINE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig