instagram

March 3, 2012

Latest face and some Pinspirations.

I find that it takes very little effort to get inspired now that I have the incredible resources of the blogs I follow and Pinterest. So much talent out there. It amazes me that I actually look at the blank page and think "what shall I make/draw/paint today?" when I am surrounded by books and blogs. And yet...

Well, I did paint something yesterday. It started out trying to be Harry Belafonte - why not, it was his birthday and he has a bee-u-ti-ful face -  but alas, no Harry here.  But it's still a nice face; he looks like a friendly guy, don't you think?  I'll try again.  I'm determined.  I'm enjoying using Ann Bagby's "Grungy sketchbook" style because it combines my journaling style (well, one of them, she said schizophrenically) with my enjoyment of drawing faces. (Ann, one of my favorite artists, has a new DVD through Creative Catalyst.)

Not Harry.
And, here are some artists and delectables I have discovered from my morning on Pinterest checking up on one of my favorite pinners, from Seoul, South Korea, "Moline." (And, she shares my last name - no wonder I found her!)

Notice how worldwide we all are these days.

Pikaland - a juicy "catalog of artists and illustrators" filled with resources - because you needed even more, yes?Amy Ng from Malaysia.

74 Lime Lane  - Kellie from Australia. loved her Read/Watch/Make/Inspired/Covet/Check out/Home/Be/Get recommendations! Ah...even more links. Wake me when it's over :)

Also, if you're fond of digital desktop calendars, you will find many snappy ones through this great new (for me anyway!) resource.

Geninne's Art  Blog and her pinterest site. OMG, another day trip. Geninne lives in Mexico.

The Pink Couch - found some classy shabby paper creations there!

Enjoying the Jesse Stone marathon while I spend a chunk of the morning here. But, now, I really must stop and draw or walk or clean the studio.  Really.
Share:

No comments

© DIANE MOLINE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig