instagram

July 19, 2011

Mining for gold I find two new artists

Today while "tearing through" more magazines in my downsizing, I discovered two artist/designers whose work I found enchanting, and whose studios are remarkable, even if not my style. One was Shelly Kennedy (blog at droozdoodles.com), a most whimsical artist whose white studio of lovely treasures knocked me out. A very Mary Engelbreit feel but with pastels and white instead of Mary's knockout primaries. ("I think 'simple, simple' but I always end up overdoing it. More is more." A woman after my own heart, me thinks.)


Another was Ashley Carter of Goldbug Studio. Much whimsey, funny but pretty and stylish. If you enjoy a sense of humor in your decor and giftmaking, you will enjoy. The magazine in which I read about both was Mary Engelbreits'Home Companion April May 2006 in case you, like me, couldn't part with them after you read them. I really miss that magazine. In the tearing out of favorite things, I have quite a pile growing.
Share:

No comments

© DIANE MOLINE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig