instagram

January 4, 2009

snowy trees all around



Inspired by our week's heavy and unusual snowfall around Christmas, I experimented with masking fluid and the Incredible Nib, which Molly Hashimoto told us about in a demo at Daniel Smith. It wasn't a great success but it was a very small canvas and with practice I'll do better. Each one, of course, took on its own personality. Some I hated and the more I kept putzing, the worse it got, with an occasional surprising exception. These two were favorites. Interestingly, the bottom one was build from one I washed out what was there, not liking it. It left a surreal hazy image that I built a little on, but mostly left as is. It turned out to be much better than the original! I mounted and sent them for my December Postcard Exchange group.
Share:

No comments

© DIANE MOLINE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig