instagram

February 19, 2015

A spot of tea perhaps?

I have had lots of the British and Australian in my life most recently and feel the need for tea or warm beer.

"While WWII rages across the Channel, police detective Christopher Foyle reluctantly remains on duty in his quiet English coastal town. The battle comes to Foyle in its own way as he probes war-related cases of murder, espionage, and treason. Mystery blends with history, moral complexity, and period atmosphere in this splendid British series."


I discovered and fell in LOVE with Foyle's War, the BBC series. Go find it. On Netflix, unless Acorn TV has captured all the rights to it in the past few days. While each 90 minute episode completes a mystery, it is valuable to watch the story in succession as the character relationships develop.

I also discovered and watched in marathon, The Fall, with Gillian Anderson. Another fine mystery. this one should be watched from start to end. I watched it on Amazon streaming.

I am taking online courses from Jane Davenport and Liz Steel, Australian delights, both of them.

And there's always, Downton Abbey, isn't there?
Share:

2 comments

Joanne Huffman said...

I watched the first season of Foyle's War years ago on Public Television and will have to go look it up again.
I like your sketch very much. By the way, I'd pick the cup of tea over the beer (it's 3 degrees outside now, I have no idea what it is with the wind chill).

Claudia said...

just saying 'hi'! always enjoy visiting ORC

© DIANE MOLINE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig